Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Devil You Know

Yes, we have finally returned to good ol´ smelly dirty Cambodia, and for the first time it felt like home when we entered our little room above the restaurant. I immediately set out for my beloved Lucky Market and bought a big backpack full of groceries, then returned home all sweating like a hog, had me a few brewskies and then settled down with Annette to watch another whole season of Breaking Bad until the sun came up. We slept well until noon, then went to the central market to buy a few T-shirts and have a very late lunch in the Sorya mall, which is the fanciest shopping place Phnom Penh has to offer. The food was very fatty and not really good, but they had the most charming coffee mugs and I just had to buy one.
Afterwards we went to the movies and saw Johnny English 2. There were only 3 other couples at the cinema and they never laughed or even made a sound. Well, we did enough laughing for at least a hundred froglegged Cambodians. Annette laughed at the antics of Mr. Atkinson, and I laughed at her laughing. I wouldn´t necessarly recommend the movie, it was so-so, but we still had a lot of fun just sitting there in the middle of the 3rd world, watching digital cinema. We´re at the office right now and we´re about to wrap it up for today. I still have to hit the ol´ Lucky Market for some beer, baguette, ham, cheese, paper towels and so forth.
So, we´re still alive and kicking and I´ll get back to you yahoos ASAP!
Send word!

No comments:

Post a Comment