Sunday, October 23, 2011

Intermission

Man, the tropical climate is taking it's toll on me! The medical bills are starting to pile up. One of my teeth finally gave up after once more biting on a piece of bone in a chicken-curry. How is this climate related? I'll tell you how! This climate makes people lazy, so they don't bother to take the bones out of the chickens but instead just chop the hole bird, bones and all, up into small pieces and then cook it. So whenever you eat chicken, which is like a national dish, you are constantly chewing on hundreds of bone fragments. And this finally killed one of my teeth, leaving me with a 430$ dental bill. Fortunately I found the only German Dentist in Phnom Penh (Wolfgang Schmittberg, ex-Bundeswehr, look it up if you don't believe it). Another 80 $ went to the Phnom Penh Medical Center for diagnosing me with heat rash.
Where do I have that rash? Well, guess where. M-hm! And what did this bastard of a cheap excuse for a Doctor tell me? "Try not to sweat too much." I mean, really? I didn't dare ask about my persistent cough from the bad air in Phnom Penh, he would have probably charged me another 80 bucks and told me not to breathe so much.
Damn, this climate is really getting me. I wonder what's next...
Sela.

No comments:

Post a Comment